Posted by Nabi White on 1/11/2021 to
Over 1 million counterfeit N95 masks have been confiscated last year. Most recently, 200, 000 masks were confiscated in Arizona that were due to be delivered to front line workers.
Here's some key indications to spot a fake N95 mask:
- No approval (TC) number on filtering facepiece respirator or headband.
- NIOSH Label and Official Number on the Mask or Head Straps itself and on the packaging
- Sometimes NIOSH is misspelled on the label
- NIOSH approved masks never come with decorative fabrics or sequins
- NIOSH masks are never approved for children:
You can also click here to see the list of approved N95 mask on the NIOSH website.The Hope 220 N95 Respirator is listed under Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions which is the parent company of Filtr.
To check out more news about this topic, click here.