FILTR Revolution Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions and responses to these questions:
FILTR Revolution is designed to cover 12,000 cubic feet of air without the carbon filter.
At its max output of 700 CFM this translates to 3.5 air changes per hour.
In terms of how many square feet does it cover, these numbers are listed below:
- 1,200 sqft room with 10-foot ceilings
- 1,000 sqft room with 12-foot ceilings
- 857 sqft room with 14-foot ceilings
- 750 sqft room with 16-foot ceilings
- 600 sqft room with 20-foot ceilings
FILTR Revolution is designed to minimize maintenance costs.
The only regularly replaceable parts are the HEPA, Carbon and Pre-Filter.
It is recommended the carbon and pre-filter be changed every 6 months and the HEPA filter is changed every 2 years. These numbers can vary depending on the dust and chemical levels in the environment.
The average yearly maintenance cost based on the above filter changing frequency is $475 a year.
Yes, FILTR Revolution can be integrated into an existing HVAC. This would be done by creating a bypass to the HVAC system and ducting air from that system directly into and or out of FILTR Revolution. This ducting connection is made via the optional 10” duct adapter kit.
Warranty is 1 year from date of purchase on the Revolution
MERV means Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value which was developed by the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioner Engineers - ASHRAE. MERV values vary from 1 to 16. The higher the MERV value is the value the more efficient the filter will be in trapping airborne particles.
See chart below:
A HEPA filter is a proprietary designed filter created to remove particulate contamination ranging in size from 0.01micron and larger.
- A MERV 8 rated filter is most commonly used in home HVAC systems.
- Your eye can see down to 35 microns (0.0013 inches) under normal light conditions
- Viruses are 0.08 to 0.12 micron (such as ebola, flu, and the coronavirus)
- Powdery Mildew spores’ range in size from 1 to 10 micron
- Botrytis spores’ range in size from 2.5 to 3 micron
Higher humidity levels (above 50%) will have effect carbon filtration. The higher the humidity the less adsorption the carbon filter will be.
Humidity will not affect the HEPA filter's performance in terms of particle capture.
The expected life of any of the filters is dependent on the level of chemical or particulate in the air and the speed at which the unit is run at.
Below are general guidelines for filter replacement. Your specific application may be different.
- Pre-Filter - 6 months
- Carbon Filter – 6 months
- HEPA Filter – 24 months
The HEPA filter is coated with an Antimicrobial material that keeps microbial contamination from growing on the filter.
There is no ozone generated by FILTR Revolution.
We are utilizing clean room technology for FILTR Revolution.
With the carbon filter, FILTR Revolution maximum output is 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
Without the carbon filter, FILTR Revolution outputs 700 CFM of air.
There are 3 mounting options for FILTR Revolution.
- FILTR Revolution comes standard with wheels and can be placed on any flat surface.
- Optional ceiling mount brackets are available to allow FILTR Revolution to be hung from the ceiling.
- Optional wall mount brackets are available to allow FILTR Revolution to be mounted vertically to a wall or column.
The cleanest environments in the world positively pressurize their controlled environment rooms to keep unwanted contaminants from entering into the space each time a door to that space is open.
Positive Air Pressure clean rooms normally operate in an air pressure range of 0.02 in. to 0.05 in. water column (H20).
FILTR Revolution have been designed to allow for ducting air into and or out of the unit.
By pulling air from an adjacent room and pushing that air into the room you want to pressurize you will positively pressurize the space the air is going into. The pressure level will vary depending on how well the room you want to pressurize is sealed.
Powdery Mildew spores range in size from 1 to 10 micron so FILTR Revolution will capture 99.95% of these spores on the first pass through the unit.
FILTR Revolution is designed to capture 99.95% of all particles/spores/microbes, bacteria and viruses that range in size from 0.01 micron and up.
In addition to capturing all particles 0.01 micron and larger the Bi-Polar Ionization function has been proven to kill fungus, bacteria and viruses such as E-COLI and MRSA.
- General fungal spores – 2 to 10 microns
- Powdery Mildew – 25 to 76 microns
- Botrytis - 2.5 to 3 microns